We plan to bring in the new year with a BANG – the bang of hammers and nail guns.
Yesterday we poured the concrete and set the piers for a new house we plan to begin framing next week.
Over the weekend our friends from Michigan framed up a new house in less than three working days. They rolled in Friday afternoon and by the time I made it over to the site a couple hours later, they had already erected three of the exterior walls. They worked so fast, I didn’t even make it over to the site to snap pictures of the trusses going up.
The teams working with us in December 2007 included folks from 10 states and 1 foreign country.
- Crossing Place Fellowship – Morgan City, LA
- Crossroads Community Church – Naperville, IL
- First Baptist Church – Gafney, SC
- First Baptist Church – Merritt Island, FL
- Grace Evangelical Congregational Church – Ninevah/Knox, PA
- Harvest Community Church – Huntersville, NC
- Kennesaw State University “Leaders in Kennesaw group” – Kennesaw, GA
- Limestone Baptist Association – Athens, AL
- Loes Zoon – The Netherlands, by way of Platteville, WI
- North Park Baptist Church – Trusville, AL
- Sovereign Grace Ministries – Chippewa Falls, WI
- St. Luke’s Lutheran Church – Ann Arbor, MI
We can’t thank these folks enough for their hard work, dedication, and long term commitment to the ongoing rebuilding efforts.