We have evacuated Lakeshore. In the morning, I am taking my family, Jamie, Alison, and Zack’s Tulane roommate to Clifton Baptist Church in Franklinton LA where we will ride out the storm in their church buildings. We have done as much preparations in Lakeshore as possible. We expect to receive high winds and rain, but I do not anticipate any storm surge on the church property. Bob Turner and a small crew from VA plan to haul off the bunk houses and bring them to higher ground some time tomorrow. Our prayers are with those along the Louisiana coast where Gustav will more than likely make landfall. If I have internet access in our shelter, I will try to make further updates. For now its just a waiting game as we watch the storm pass.
We definitely will need help reconstructing much of what we dismantled over the last couple of days in Lakeshore. So, if you want to make plans to head our way after the wind dies down, we could use as many hands as would like to come. We have disassembled the kichen and housing will be limited, so if you come you will need to be self-contained. I’ll update conditions as soon as I return to the area.