Four short weeks ago I put together a four page list of tasks around the church property we aimed to complete before the end of the month. With the help of 10 partner groups, from 9 states, we accomplished almost everything on the list. I praise God for these folks who made mission trips to Lakeshore during the month of June.
- Air Line Baptist Church – Gainesville, GA
- Bridgeport Central Baptist Church – Indianapolis, IN
- Carroll-Montgomery Baptist Association – Winona, MS
- Central Baptist Association – Rockford, AL
- Hamilton Park United Church of Christ – Lancaster, PA
- Limestone County Baptist Association – Athens, AL
- Mid-Maryland Baptist Association – Eldersburg, MD
- Northbrook Baptist Church – Bowling Springs, KY
- Providence Presbyterian Church – Hilton Head, SC
- Willow Creek Community Church – Chicago, IL
Now as we look forward to the month of July we want to push through summer with determination. Our biggest goal for the church property this month focuses on the Mercy House, We need someone with brick laying experience to set and mortar the pavers under the front porch, finish carpenters to complete the stairwell, sheet rockers for the upper level, and painters for the exterior of the building. We also plan to erect the 30’X40′ metal quonset hut storage building behind the Mercy House. When this gets done, we should be able to start landscaping before the end of the summer. I would love to open the Mercy House by August 29, 2010, the 5 year anniversary of Katrina – but its all in God’s good timing.
In addition to the progress on the Mercy House, we will continue working on several homes in the community, host a vacation Bible school, continue ministering through our distribution center, and planning for the construction of the new Fellowship Hall. Pray for us as we seek God’s greatest glory on the gulf coast.